Re: [patch 1/2]block: handle merged discard request

From: Martin K. Petersen
Date: Wed Mar 21 2012 - 22:53:18 EST

>>>>> "Shaohua" == Shaohua Li <shli@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Shaohua> Yes, this is a problem. But note we already have this problem
Shaohua> with discard request for a long time. The payload has just
Shaohua> (sector, length). And looks the request finish returns the
Shaohua> transfered data of the payload instead of the discarded
Shaohua> data. Am I missing anything?

Nope, it's broken. But if you check my write same patches you'll see
that I actually return the correct completion size there.

There are several additional commands in the pipeline where the 1:1
mapping between DMA size and block range is invalid. I want to get rid
of the 1:1 assumption in general so we can handle any command without
these evil workarounds.

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering