stuck in megaraid_sas.c megasas_adp_reset_gen2

From: Thomas Fjellstrom
Date: Wed Mar 21 2012 - 19:24:09 EST

I recently got an IBM M1015 (MegaRaid 9240-8i) card, and after getting a new
motherboard, the system now boots, but the megaraid_sas driver seems to be
getting stuck when trying to initialize the card.

Looking through the source, it seems to be stuck in the megasas_adp_reset_gen2
function, in the while loop at the end. Now, according to the code it can't
actually get stuck there permanently, but it does take quite a while for the
loop to finish, and the udev timeout messages to stop.

I've looked around quite a bit, but haven't found any solutions thus far. If
anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx