Re: ath: DMA failed to stop in 10 ms AR_CR=0x00000024 AR_DIAG_SW=0x02000020DMADBG_7=0x00008040

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Mon Mar 19 2012 - 12:09:40 EST

On 2012-03-19 4:25 PM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
On 03/19/2012 08:20 AM, Mohammed Shafi wrote:
Hi Justin,

seems I got this when waking up from suspend, was trying to connect with NM
then all of a sudden Xorg shut off and this appeared on the screen(image
links below I could not save dmesg only pic)
http://flic.kr/p/bEhf2K
http://flic.kr/p/bEhf2x
http://flic.kr/p/bEhf2n
http://flic.kr/p/bEhf26

I see ath9k in the image, but am unsure if its related.
kernel is: 3.3.0-rc7-next-20120316

this looks like some new issue in ath9k, lets try to recreate it here

Justin P. Mattock

would be nice to recreate, then bisecting will be more accurate to do..
I am trying userspace tweaks here and there but no luck(hostapd etc..)
keep in mind this is for the RX DMA, the above just occured..
as for writing a small app I still need to try, but my C skills only go
so far(anything to trigger!).
Was your kernel compiled with debug info? If so, please run gdb on the
ath9k.ko module and enter this:
l *ath9k_tx+start+0x284
Then send me the output of that.

- Felix

sure! I will do this as soon as I get to a stable connection(am remote now)so I can install gdb to gather the info for you.

Justin P. Mattock