Tree sweep for spin_is_locked misuses and start warning about it

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Fri Mar 16 2012 - 15:02:39 EST

I did a tree sweep for spin_is_locked() users and many of them were
wrong, got UP incorrect, were obviously racy and had other problems.
I replaced a lot of users with calls to the correct lock debugging functions,
like lockdep_assert_held()

Generally I think spin_is_locked() should be deprecated because it
is rarely used correctly. There are a few legitimate users so we cannot
outright remove it unfortunately.

But most users can be removed or changed.

After this start warning in checkpatch.pl for spin_is_locked() because
it's rarely wrong. Also error out there for the broken
(WARN|BUG)_ON(!spin_is_locked()) which does not work on UP builds.

-Andi