RE: linux-next: build failure after merge of the staging tree

From: Dan Magenheimer
Date: Wed Feb 15 2012 - 11:15:43 EST

> From: Greg KH [mailto:gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 04:54:37PM -0800, Dan Magenheimer wrote:
> > > From: Greg KH [mailto:gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> > > Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the staging tree

> > > Please resend after fixing that conflict, as it would require me to edit
> > > it by hand in order to apply this. As you have already redone the
> > > patch, there's no reason I should have to do this, right?
> >
> > Do you want me to resend all 6 patches? The only patch
> > affected is patch 6 of 6. All others apply cleanly.
> > Let me know and I will resend one or all tomorrow.
>
> All would be best, also please thread them properly, 'git send-email'
> will do this for you, please use it.

OK, posted (*). BTW, I _was_ using git send-email, just didn't know
that "git send-email patch0 patch1 patch2 ..." would cause them
to be threaded. (I was using git send-email patch0;
git send-email patch1; git send-email patch2...)

Thanks again for your patience and help! I think RAMster
can now be successfully queued with no linux-next merge issues!

Dan

* http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-February/024614.html