Juce plugins cause realtime kernel lockup

From: Christopher Cherrett
Date: Wed Feb 15 2012 - 04:12:58 EST

Hello,

We are putting native VST plugin support into our DAW Open Octave Midi

When you use a plugin compiled with juce the whole system hangs. This only happens with the RT kernel and not the standard PREEMPT kernel.

There is a thread of several users running into this issue.

http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8507

Can you help shed some light? I am told that it is possibly a problem with the RT kernel.

The system will not shut down but needs a hard boot, spewing hpet errors.

Thanks!

--
Christopher Cherrett
ccherrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx