Re: Making gmail 2 step verification work with git send-email

From: Yang Bai
Date: Mon Feb 13 2012 - 22:51:40 EST

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM, chetan loke <loke.chetan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ok, I know this is not a kernel question. So apologies...
> While sending a patch to linux-scsi yesterday I had to disable the
> 2-step gmail verification just to send the patch and then enabled it
> again.
>
> How do we make git work in the 2 step gmail mode?

+1.
Now, I use base64 to encode my application-specific password and save
this encoded password. But it is not very safe. Any good idea?

> Chetan
> --

  """
  Keep It Simple,Stupid.
  """

Chinese Name: çæ
Nick Name: Hamo
Homepage: http://hamobai.com/
GPG KEY ID: 0xA4691A33
Key fingerprint = 09D5 2D78 8E2B 0995 CF8EÂ 4331 33C4 3D24 A469 1A33