Re: Cpufreq shutdown patch (kernel 2.6.35.3)

From: N. Coesel
Date: Mon Feb 13 2012 - 11:45:35 EST

Dave,

At 17:28 13-2-2012, Dave Jones wrote:
On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:18:10PM +0100, N. Coesel wrote:

> I've found a problem in drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq.c. The driver does
> not execute the exit member of the low level driver when shutting
> down for a reboot (reset). This potentially leaves the power supply
> at a too low voltage to boot the system properly. The patch below
> adds a shutdown function which executes the exit member of the low
> level driver which allows a system to be properly prepared for a reset.

I'm curious what hardware you saw this problem on ?

This was on an IMX51 embedded platform but I'm quite sure the same problem can occur on other platforms as well. There has to be some way to allow an orderly shutdown of the low level cpufreq system without a cold reset.

Nico Coesel

| N C T Developments |
|Innovative embedded solutions |