How is dmaengine_prep_slave_single supposed to be used?

From: Lars-Peter Clausen
Date: Fri Jan 27 2012 - 09:32:03 EST

Hi,

I've tried using dmaengine_prep_slave_single in one of my drivers an run
into an issue, the dma_address attribute of the sg element is not
initialized and thus the dma transfer and the DMA transfer fails.

Quoting from Documentation/dmaengine.txt:

The peripheral driver is expected to have mapped the scatterlist for
the DMA operation prior to calling device_prep_slave_sg, and must
keep the scatterlist mapped until the DMA operation has completed.

So this is clearly not the case with dmaengine_prep_slave_single, so I'm
wondering how is ut supposed to be used and can it work properly at all?

Thanks,
- Lars