Re: [RFC,PATCH 1/2] seccomp_filters: system call filtering using BPF

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Thu Jan 12 2012 - 12:18:03 EST

On Thu, 2012-01-12 at 09:09 -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> The whole "fail security escalations" thing goes way beyond just
> filtering, I think we could seriously try to make it a generic
> feature.

After I wrote this comment I thought the same thing. It would be nice to
have a way to just set a flag to a process that will prevent it from
doing any escalating of privileges.

I totally agree, this would solve a whole host of issues with regard to
security issues in things that shouldn't be a problem but currently are.

-- Steve