Re: [RFC] on general object IDs again

From: Cyrill Gorcunov
Date: Wed Jan 11 2012 - 12:59:56 EST

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 12:25:04PM -0500, KOSAKI Motohiro wrote:
> > In turn doing everything in a manner of syscall "compare resources of two pids"
> > gives up very slow speed because we will have to compare every pid resources
> > with every other pids we're checkpointing.
>
> Could you please write down pseudo code of your userland compare logic? When
> and why do you need? I still don't like this idea, but maybe I need to
> understand your
> requerement before putting negative comments.

Hi Kosaki,

the idea on user-space is something like

- collect all pids to dump
- collect IDs for every pid
- sort the IDs obtained
- find the same IDs (which will be kind of find intersections in a sets of IDs) and
set up CLONE_ flags on restore procedure as appropriate (for example if
GEN_OBJ_ID_VM IDs for two or more tasks are the same we need to use CLONE_VM
at restore time, and so on).

Cyrill