Re: KVM guest-kernel panics double fault

From: Stephan Bärwolf
Date: Tue Jan 10 2012 - 05:12:55 EST

Hello.

Thank you for your lots of information, they helped very much -
especially debugging...

> The third parameter is actually ecx
(ebx was actually a typing... ...of course ecx!)

> The emulator is written to be independent of the rest of kvm, using
> emul_to_vcpu() undoes that. If you need access to more vpcu internals,
> add more function pointers to struct x86_emulate_ops.
I prepare/adapt everything to the mentioned styles/policy.
(I'll insert 2 additional ops for getting "cpuid" and "id of vcpu"...)

> Please post patches separately, not as attachments to a single email.
> See Documentation/SubmittingPatches.
One thing, which is not fully clear to me: Where exactly should I post
the patches?
Also to/in this mail/group as an empty mail (containing the patch as
text-body) per patch?
Or all (3 patches) at once?
Do you prefer them in a git-repo for example at github?

Again, thank you a lot

regards Stephan