Re: wifi iwlagn fails to authenticate after wake from suspend

From: Gene Smith
Date: Sat Jan 07 2012 - 15:33:56 EST

On 01/01/2012 06:26 PM, Gene Smith wrote:
On 12/12/2011 09:48 AM, wwguy wrote:

try the following module parameter and see if help

$sudo modprobe iwlagn bt_coex_active=0

Thanks
Wey

Unfortunately the latest fedora 16 kernel, 3.1.6-1.fc16.x86_64, renders
this fix
ineffective and again cannot resume wifi after a sleep and must reboot.
Therefore must stay with older kernels for this to work and for wifi to
resume
after sleep:
3.1.5-6.fc16 is still OK with bt_coex_active=0
3.1.5-2.fc16 is also still OK with this fix.

The kernel 3.1.6-1.fc16.x86_64 now uses wireless driver called iwlwifi and
not iwlagn. I was not setting the parameter correctly. When I do this

modprobe iwlwifi bt_coex_active=0

the workaround is still OK and wireless reconnects after sleep.