[GIT PULL] User-API header split preliminary patches

From: David Howells
Date: Fri Jan 06 2012 - 17:02:32 EST

Hi Linus,

Can you pull these patches from my GIT repository please?

They prepare the way for splitting out the User API definitions from the
standard kernel internal headers into their own header file directories (there
will be arch-specific directories as well as the common ones).

They have been in linux-next for roughly three weeks.

I have audited them from my initial patch submission to get rid of patches
that are no longer necessary.

I have also built allyesconfig with all the cross-compilers I can create on
the full patch spectrum (on the uapi-split branch in the same tree) and
eliminated the problems created.

Can you please consider pulling the further patchset that actually performs
the split at the end of the merge window. It *will* need regenerating
whenever it is pulled, but is mostly scripted.

Thanks,
David
---
The following changes since commit dc47ce90c3a822cd7c9e9339fe4d5f61dcb26b50:

Linux 3.2-rc5 (2011-12-09 15:09:32 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:
git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers.git for-next

David Howells (17):
UAPI: Fix arch/mips/include/asm/Kbuild to have separate header-y lines
UAPI: Don't include linux/compat.h in sparc's asm/siginfo.h
UAPI: elf_read_implies_exec() is a kernel-only feature - so hide from userspace
UAPI: Make MN10300 use asm-generic/param.h
UAPI: Make M32R use asm-generic/param.h
UAPI: Make FRV use asm-generic/param.h
UAPI: Rearrange definition of HZ in asm-generic/param.h
UAPI: Guard linux/sound.h
UAPI: Guard linux/isdn_divertif.h
UAPI: Guard linux/pmu.h
UAPI: Guard linux/cuda.h
UAPI: Alter the S390 asm include guards to be recognisable by the UAPI splitter
UAPI: Fix nested __KERNEL__ guards in video/edid.h
UAPI: Make linux/patchkey.h easier to parse
UAPI: Fix AHZ multiple inclusion when __KERNEL__ is removed
UAPI: Don't have a #elif clause in a __KERNEL__ guard in linux/soundcard.h
UAPI: Split trivial #if defined(__KERNEL__) && X conditionals

arch/arm/include/asm/hwcap.h | 4 +++-
arch/arm/include/asm/swab.h | 7 +++++--
arch/arm/include/asm/unistd.h | 4 +++-
arch/frv/include/asm/param.h | 16 +---------------
arch/ia64/include/asm/intrinsics.h | 21 +++++++++++++--------
arch/m32r/include/asm/param.h | 18 +-----------------
arch/mips/include/asm/Kbuild | 4 +++-
arch/mips/include/asm/types.h | 10 +++++++---
arch/mn10300/include/asm/param.h | 18 +-----------------
arch/s390/include/asm/chpid.h | 2 +-
arch/s390/include/asm/itcw.h | 2 +-
arch/s390/include/asm/mman.h | 4 +++-