Re: x86-64: memset()/memcpy() not fully standards compliant

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Fri Jan 06 2012 - 14:44:05 EST

> enough beyond 292G. At some later point ->node_page_cgroup[]
> also exceeds 4G. Finally, the phys-to-machine mapping (which gets
> resized during boot) exceeds 4G when crossing the 2T boundary.

Ok it's moot then because the old systems with problem didn't have
that much memory. So you could do without an errata workaround
and just extend the moves at the minor cost of a few prefixes
(I think that is what you did in your patch)

Only hope there are no new chips with similar issues...

-Andi
--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.