Re: ath9k crash 3.2-rc7

From: Mohammed Shafi
Date: Fri Jan 06 2012 - 09:35:08 EST

2012/1/6 MR <g7af0ec1e3ea1e7b1@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>  >:(  i had put those warnings to prevent the crash itself and what's causing
>  >it.
>  > may be i had missed that pos can be < 0 in addition to (pos > 37).
>  > i am just looking at those areas of code for some other issue. hope i
>  > can a find a fix
>  > for both of them
>
> I am building kernel with pos<0 check added...

thanks! if it does not works, i have only one more idea(a patch
which removes some suspicious code which abuses a pointer any way that
has to be fixed properly ). otherwise i need to recreate the issue and
capture the stack trace completely, put debug prints. i ran an
overnight test but was unable to recreate the issue. later today AN i
got a crash accidentally but only once, after that never.

--
shafi