Re: Freezing of tasks failed after 20.01 seconds in 3.2.0-rc4+(Linus GIT af968e2)

From: Jeff Layton
Date: Thu Jan 05 2012 - 07:22:28 EST

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 07:11:21 -0500
Miles Lane <miles.lane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2012, at 6:53 AM, Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi!

> >> Well, ext3 seems to be involved. I don't see any problems with suspending
> >> those kernels on my test machines, but I don't use ext3 on them any more.
> >>
> >> It would be good to rule out ext3 somehow.
> >
> > I still use ext3 here, and suspend works in recent kernels.
> >
> > Is it reproducible for Miles?
>
> It was a one time event, sorry.
>
> All the best.

>From looking at the stack traces, it really just looks like the ext3
code was waiting for requests to come back from the underlying storage.
I don't know ext3 that well, but could something have offlined the
storage while these tasks were waiting for their requests to come back?

Another hypothesis...could those requests require kthreads that got
frozen while processing these requests?

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx>