Re: [RFC] m68k: Update defconfigs

From: Finn Thain
Date: Thu Jan 05 2012 - 06:42:58 EST

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> Findings:
> - CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SWIM is m, while CONFIG_AMIGA_FLOPPY and
> CONFIG_ATARI_FLOPPY are y.

My defconfig patch used "m" because (if I recall correctly) the SWIM
driver is experimental code that couldn't be safely loaded on all
machines.

> - Amiga and Atari use CONFIG_RTC_CLASS, the others don't.
> Should we switch everything to CONFIG_RTC_CLASS (and thus drop
> CONFIG_GEN_RTC)? We do have CONFIG_RTC_DRV_GENERIC now.

This would alter the device major/minor numbers and devtmpfs path, right?

Also I wonder about CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS on Macs without a working RTC
driver. Would enabling CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS change present behaviour?

I suppose it might need some testing. Otherwise, I think harmonising this
across defconfigs (and distro configs) is a good idea.

Finn