Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference in ipv6_select_ident

From: Chris Boot
Date: Wed Dec 21 2011 - 12:04:05 EST

On 21/12/2011 16:29, Eric Dumazet wrote:
Le mercredi 21 dÃcembre 2011 Ã 15:52 +0000, Chris Boot a Ãcrit :
Hi folks,

I'm working on getting a 2-node VM cluster up and running, with DRBD and
Corosync/Pacemaker, running KVM VMs.

I can trigger a kernel panic in either _host_ system when running an
rsync on a _guest_ VM. The rsync is simply SSH over IPv6 from a remote
mail store (containing maildirs) to a local filesystem. I'm basically
working on migrating a physical IMAP server to one inside a VM.

After a few seconds of fairly heavy IPv6 traffic, I get the panic below.
You'll notice the panic refers to vhost_net, but I tried without that
and the kernel panics at exactly the same call point.

Panic:

[snip]

Any insight will be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Chris

Is it a debian kernel ?

You need : https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/10/11/291

Eric,

Aha, that sounds like exactly the culprit, thanks. However I can't find any reference to it in the 3.1 to 3.1.5 changelogs. Is it fixed in any of those kernels or would I have to attempt to forward-port the fix myself?

Cheers,
Chris

--
Chris Boot