Re: Android low memory killer vs. memory pressure notifications

From: KOSAKI Motohiro
Date: Mon Dec 19 2011 - 12:34:27 EST

+ read_lock(&tasklist_lock);

Crazy inefficient. mere slab shrinker shouldn't take tasklist_lock.
Imagine if tasks are much plenty...

Moreover, if system have plenty file cache, any process shouldn't killed
at all! That's fundamental downside of this patch.

In addition, this code is reused a lot of code of oom-killer. But it is bad idea. oom killer is really exceptional case. then it don't pay attention faster processing. But, no free memory is not rare. we don't have much free memory EVERY TIME. because we have file cache.