Re: Is linux-next.git bisectable?

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Tue Dec 06 2011 - 13:54:38 EST

On Dec 06 Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 16:29:36 -0800 "Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > is the linux-next.git tree bisectable? I've noticed some trees are
> > not. For example wireless-testing.git is bisectable but only between
> > master-$(date) tags.
>
> Within any one day, the tree is bisectable, but not really between one
> day and another. The tree is rebuilt starting from Linus' tree each day.

The individual trees that are being submitted to be pulled into linux-next
*should* be bisectable though. This is because only stuff is meant to be
shown to linux-next for which the question
"Cross-tree integration testing ignored for a moment,
if Linus had a merge window open today, would I ask him to pull this
tree right away?"
would be answered with a firm Yes.
--
Stefan Richter