Extending OPP Functionality

From: khugans
Date: Mon Dec 05 2011 - 20:12:46 EST

Hi Nishanth Menon,

We have a number of drivers that manage power/performance levels in their
own ways and we are looking for a way to consolidate these similar
implementations in one place. We want to scale multiple voltage levels,
clocks and bandwidth requests along with each other. For example our L2
depends on two power rail voltages.

We?ve observed that OPP tackles this for single voltage-frequency pair,
but doesn?t manage additional data that may be associated with
performance/power levels. Would it make sense to extend OPP to handle
implementation-specific data pointers to handle this generically?

Thanks,
Khugan