Re: [RFC] vtunerc: virtual DVB device - is it ok to NACK driverbecause of worrying about possible misusage?

From: VDR User
Date: Sat Dec 03 2011 - 12:21:26 EST

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Andreas Oberritter <obi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You could certainly build a library to reach a different goal. The goal
> of vtuner is to access remote tuners with any existing program
> implementing the DVB API.

So you could finally use VDR as a server/client setup using vtuner,
right? With full OSD, timer, etc? Yes, I'm aware that streamdev
exists. It was horrible when I tried it last (a long time ago) and I
understand it's gotten better. But it's not a suitable replacement for
a real server/client setup. It sounds like using vtuner, this would
finally be possible and since Klaus has no intention of ever
modernizing VDR into server/client (that I'm aware of), it's also the
only suitable option as well.

Or am I wrong about anything? If not, I know several users who would
like to use this, myself included.