Re: [RFC] vtunerc: virtual DVB device - is it ok to NACK driverbecause of worrying about possible misusage?

From: VDR User
Date: Fri Dec 02 2011 - 13:32:12 EST

> What really surprised me badly was that when I read all 54 responses
> I have counted only two real technical answers!!! All rest were about
> POLITICAL issues - code was NACKed w/o any technical discussion.
> Because of fear of possible abusing of driver.

To answer the original question -- absolutely not! Linux is not about
and should not try policing what it's users do, or passing moral
judgment. If there are technical reasons something shouldn't be merged
as is, no problem. There are times when a persons personal preference
should be left out of the equation, and this is an example of one.