Re: tty related lockdep trace during bootup on 3.2-rc2

From: Havard Skinnemoen
Date: Wed Nov 23 2011 - 02:28:32 EST

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From Linus' current tree...
>
> related to 5dc2470c602da8851907ec18942cd876c3b4ecc1 maybe ?

Yes, probably. I did have a bad feeling about the locking, but it
seemed to behave well during testing. Wonder why I didn't see this.

So what's happening is that tty_open() holds big_tty_mutex while
calling acm_tty_open which takes open_lock, and acm_tty_close holds
open_lock while calling tty_port_close_start which takes
big_tty_mutex?

Not sure how to solve this. Not taking the lock before calling
tty_port_close_start means the tty_port may get freed before it
returns.

Havard