thinkpad_acpi does not generate correct ACPI events whenbrightness_enable=0

From: åé é
Date: Sat Nov 19 2011 - 02:20:25 EST

Hi!
I'm having a problem with the thinkpad_acpi kernel module where it does notgenerate a brightness down ACPI event when the "brightness_enable=0" parameteris set. This only happens when the module is automatically loaded at boot andafter resume from suspend.
Everything is fine once I run:
 rmmod thinkpad_acpi modprobe thinkpad_acpi brightness_enable=0
The "acpi_listen" command shows this following when either the brightness up orbrightness down button is pressed:
 ibm/hotkey LEN0068:00 00000080 00006050
and also the following when the brightness up button is pressed:
 video/brightnessup BRTUP 00000086 00000000
The following brightness down ACPI event is only generated after the module isreloaded:
 video/brightnessdown BRTDN 00000087 00000000
Is this a known bug (or even a bug at all)? The kernel bugzilla is down.
Also, I apologize if the kernel mailing list is the wrong place to post this.If this belongs somewhere else, I'd appreciate it if someone told me where.