Re: basic_mmio_gpio: Add hook for simple debounce register

From: Anton Vorontsov
Date: Wed Nov 16 2011 - 16:40:14 EST

Hello,

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:02:15PM -0700, H Hartley Sweeten wrote:
> Some platforms using the basic memory-mapped GPIO library have
> simple input debounce support that is enabled/disabled, per-input,
> by setting/clearing bits in a control register. Add a hook in the
> bgpio_chip structure to hold the void __iomem * for this register.
>
> This register, and the gc.set_debounce callback should set by the
> platform after calling bgpio_init() and before calling gpiochip_add().

I think it is possible to add 'reg_db' into the device-specific
(private) structure, so no need to add it into the generic one
(the fact that the generic gpio code does not use it at all, is a
sign that you should place it into a private struct).

I.e. something like this:

struct foo_chip {
struct bgpio_chip bgc;
void __iomem *reg_db;
};

static struct foo_chip *to_foo_chip(struct bgpio_chip *bgc)
{
return container_of(bgc, struct foo_chip, bgc);
}

static void foo_gpio_set_debounce(struct gpio_chip *gc, ...)
{
struct bgpio_chip *bgc = to_bgpio_chip(gc);
struct foo_chip *fgc = to_foo_chip(bgc);

writel(..., fgc->reg_db);
}

Or, if the generic code will use that register, then please introduce
the code at the same time you introduce reg_db.

Thanks,

--
Anton Vorontsov
Email: cbouatmailru@xxxxxxxxx