Re: Resuming from hibernation on T61 with nvidia

From: dienet
Date: Wed Nov 16 2011 - 14:43:13 EST

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:34:42 +0100, Srivatsa S. Bhat <srivatsa.bhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can try using the pm_test framework for debugging this, to a certain
extent. See Documentation/power/basic-pm-debugging.txt for details on how
to use it.

So I run some test:

Using platform in state file:

1. echo freezer > pm_test - no problems.
2. echo devices > pm_test - problems: no picture (LCD is up and shining, but there is only black picture [even after 60 seconds]). I can use power button to shut down the system. Other keyboard keys are not working (I was trying to type reboot with no luck).
3. echo processors > pm_test - the same as above
4. echo core > pm_test - the same as above
5. I turn off the X11 (telinit 2), but the nvidia module is still loaded - no problems.
6. I left X11 working on f7 (7th tty) and switch to f1 (1st tty) - echo core > pm_test works OK, but switching back to X11 (alt+f7) will give me the same as in 2. I can change the brightness of black screen, but I can not go back to tty1 (ctrl+alt+f1).

Is there more I can do?

--
pozdr0
dienet

"Old C programmers never die. They're just cast into void."