Re: [git patches] libata updates, GPG signed (but see admin notes)

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Sat Oct 29 2011 - 15:13:26 EST

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:22:35 EDT, Jeff Garzik said:

> For this reason, I am tempted to modify my new, GPG-signed pull request
> template as follows, for subsequent pull requests:
>
> ---<begin GPG signed text>---
>
> pull req description
>
> "Please pull from $branch\n$url $branch"
>
> "Top of tree is $sha1_commit"
>
> ---<end GPG signed text>---
>
> diffstat
> diff

Note that this can be problematic as well - there's probably a lot of tools out there
that will be less than gracious when presented with a GPG-signed text with non-signed
trailing text. Maybe GPG-sign from "pull request" to "diffstat" and make the diff an
attachment? (That would also allow attaching a gzip'ed diff, which would save vger's
bandwidth :)