Re: [GIT PULL] mm: frontswap (for 3.2 window)

From: Avi Miller
Date: Thu Oct 27 2011 - 17:44:49 EST

Hi Linus et al,

If further support is required:

On 28/10/2011, at 5:52 AM, Dan Magenheimer wrote:

> Linux kernel distros incorporating frontswap:
> - Oracle UEK 2.6.39 Beta:

I have been testing this kernel for a while now as well and is performing well. I have tested Xen HVM, HVPVM and PVM guests all with tmem enabled. Automated testing is scheduled to go into our test farm (that runs ~80,000 hours of QA of testing of Oracle products on Oracle Linux per day) soon.

> - OracleVM since 2.2 (2009)

Likewise. We are planning to incorporate Transcendent Memory support into future Oracle VM 3.0 releases as support functionality, i.e. that this will be enabled on a per-server/per-guest basis so that guests are capable of reducing memory footprint. We see this as a critical feature to compete with other hypervisor's memory sharing/de-duplication functionality.

Thanks,
Avi

---
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Principal Program Manager | +61 (412) 229 687
Oracle Linux and Virtualization