Re: Linux 3.0.8

From: Paul Bolle
Date: Thu Oct 27 2011 - 08:57:36 EST

On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 14:08 +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> Can you verify that the end result from your patch, and my patch,
> produces the same tree? If not, we need to resolve that.

Yes, they do produce the same tree.

Ie, if I commit the changes introduced by your patch-3.0.8 onto v3.0 I
get a HEAD that is identical to v3.0.8 (as a git diff between these two
shows nothing). And the (git diff) patches I can generate locally
between v3.0 and either that HEAD or v3.0.8 are identical (but not
identical to your patch-3.0.8, obviously).

So, it's just that git generated a different patch on your system than
it does on mine.

Thanks,

Paul Bolle