Re: 3.1.0-rc9+ : wlan stops working w/o any error messages

From: David Rientjes
Date: Sat Oct 15 2011 - 17:22:31 EST

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011, Toralf FÃrster wrote:

> With a ThinkPad T400 with "Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 5100 AGN [Shiloh]
> Network Connection" I experienced few times in the last week that the suddenly
> the network stops to work - no messages in /var/log/messages nor any other
> outout. Only a restart of the network services helped
>
> n22 ~ # uname -a
> Linux n22 3.1.0-rc9+ #1 SMP Fri Oct 14 19:21:56 CEST 2011 i686 Intel(R)
> Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
>
> It is an almost stable Gentoo.
>
> Anybody else made similar experiences ?

It looks like werner is reporting a similar problem in
https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/10/15/67 but with a different laptop,
information is vague in that regression report.

Adding him, Wey-Yi Guy from Intel, and linux-wireless mailing list to the
cc.

What's the last kernel prior to 3.1-rc9 that worked for you?

What does "iwconfig" show?

What does "dmesg | grep iwlagn" show?