Problems with Kconfig select across directories

From: Boaz Harrosh
Date: Fri Oct 14 2011 - 10:42:48 EST

I have this weird problem with Kconfig.

In fs/exofs/Kconfig I have:

# Library to be selected by users
config ORE
tristate

Then
config EXOFS_FS
tristate "exofs: OSD based file system support"
depends on SCSI_OSD_ULD
select ORE
help ...

So far so good. Choosing EXOFS_FS in xmenuconfig works fine as expected.
But now I add another user say: (It's more complicated but even below does
not work)

config NFS_FS
tristate "NFS client support"
depends on INET && FILE_LOCKING
select LOCKD
select SUNRPC
select NFS_ACL_SUPPORT if NFS_V3_ACL
select ORE
help ...

This does not work. The ORE is not compiled and MODPOST complains.
(Given EXOFS_FS is not selected since then it will work)

What am I doing wrong? Why can't I "select" in fs/nfs/Kconfig
an option in fs/exofs/Kconfig? What can I do different?

Thanks
Boaz