Re: PCIe can not rescan for new PCIe device ( FPGA board )

From: Abdelghani Ouchabane
Date: Fri Oct 14 2011 - 05:27:11 EST

Thanks for the details.

If I understand correctly:

A - fails (card not present at power-on, added later)
B - works (card always present)
C - works (card present at power-on, later removed and re-added,
requires manual rescan)

I see this note in section 9.4.8 (BIOS setup) of the conga-BAF User's Guide:

Note: Unless the hotplug support for this port is enabled as well,
an unpopulated
port will still be disabled if no PCI Express device is connected.

If you don't have hotplug enabled in the BIOS setup, it sounds like it
might result in the behavior you're seeing. Do you have that enabled?

Bjorn

Hallo Bjorn & Kenji,

the hot-plug was enabled, but today I have received a new BIOS from Congatec which solves the problem.

Among the fix is:

_BBRAR009 to BBRAR110:_

2. Enabled PCIExpress / ExpressCard basic hotplug support. Enabled event handling support.

Now after the manual rescan my FPGA board gets detect correctly and I can access its registers in the correct way.

Many thanks for all your supports.

My best regards,
Ghani