Re: RFC: virtualbox tainting.

From: Parag Warudkar
Date: Wed Oct 12 2011 - 16:54:58 EST

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Zan Lynx <zlynx@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 20:57 -0400, Parag Warudkar wrote:
>
>> If people still report bugs manually may be have bugzilla ask them for
>> list of modules loaded and run a batch job to scan and close the ones
>> with blacklisted modules.
>
> Still report bugs manually? Fedora 15's abrt tool has /never/
> successfully filed a bug for me. It actually is supposed to work? I am
> surprised.

That's another reason not to have this patch in the kernel ;)

I don't know about Fedora, but Ubuntu's bug reporter got a lot better
with 11.10 betas.
The other day it detected i915 GPU hang, collected all files and
successfully reported the bug!

The only catch - it did not properly capure the i915_error_state (all
zeros), which in fairness, might not be the tool's fault.
That and it might need to be made a little more subtle / less annoying.

Parag