Re: Workaround for Intel MPS errata

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Wed Oct 05 2011 - 08:10:07 EST

On 10/05/2011 05:46 AM, Jon Mason wrote:
Hey Avi,
I believe this will fix the issue (assuming the errata is the issue in
the first place). You'll need to apply the patch on top of Linus'
latest code and re-enable the MPS tuning (as it is now off by
default). This can be done by adding "pci=pcie_bus_safe" to your boot
args.

After thinking about it some more, a PCI quark is the correct way of
doing things. We must always disable read completion coalescing due
to the possibility of hotplugging a device with a MPS of 256B. Also,
I believe everyone will think this is much cleaner.

Agree.

Let me know how it goes and thanks again for testing this for me.

Works perfectly now. Thanks.