Re: [linux-next] ASoC: sound/soc/samsung/neo1973_wm8753.c buildfailure

From: Harald Welte
Date: Thu Sep 15 2011 - 11:47:16 EST

Hi Russell,

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 08:19:17PM +0100, Russell King wrote:

> neo1973_gta01 was added to the database in October 2006. Five months
> later, neo1973_gta02 was registered by the same person (Harald Welte),
> and gta02 has been merged.
>
> Therefore, I suggest that the GTA01 will never be submitted now, moreover
> I suggest that neo1973_gta01 was probably a prototype and neo1973_gta02
> was probably the production platform.

GTA01 was produced in a certain quantity, to be honest I don't remember
the details. It was not just a prototype but actually sold + shipped to
quite a number of people.

> So I suggest these references should be removed. If the platform is not
> going to be merged its pointless carrying the baggage around in drivers.
> Maybe Harald can confirm?

I can confirm that I personally definitely will not be working on
merging GTA01 related code. However, the remaining "wider Openmoko
community" is surprisingly active, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if
somebody still wanted to do that, despite all that time having passed.

Regards,
Harald
--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://laforge.gnumonks.org/