Re: iotop: khugepaged at 99.99% (2.6.38.3)

From: Thomas Sattler
Date: Thu Sep 15 2011 - 03:24:43 EST

Am 15.09.2011 08:48, schrieb Lin Ming:
>> Hi, Thomas
>>
>> Do you still see this problem on latest kernel(2.6.31-rc6)?
>> I try to run firefox (>50 open Tabs), but can't reproduce
>> this on 2.6.31-rc6 kernel.
>
> Sorry, I mean 3.1-rc6

For me the problem was gone with Mel Gorman's patchset "Fix
compaction stalls due to accounting errors in isolated page
accounting". I applied them to 2.6.38.8 and never had any
problems.

They went into 2.6.39.4 and 3.0 and both machines that were
affected are now running fine. (One of the machine throws
MCE-Errors every now and than, but this is another problem.)

Thomas