Re: Linux 3.1-rc5

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab
Date: Mon Sep 05 2011 - 16:27:28 EST

Em 04-09-2011 20:27, Linus Torvalds escreveu:

> One thing to note: If you just do
>
> git pull https://github.com/torvalds/linux.git
>
> you probably won't get the tags, since it's not your origin branch. So do
>
> git fetch --tags<...>
>
> too, so that you get not only the actual changes, but the tag that you
> can verify too.

It would be great if "git remote update" could also verify the tag
signature (if present), as most of us just do a "git remote update".

Maybe an extra parameter for git config remote.tagopt?

Ok, if in doubt, we can always use git tag -v <new tag>, but doing
it automagically would help us to detect if a git tag got mangled
by some at the moment we update our trees, with seems to be
a good idea.

Thanks,
Mauro