Re: APEI: Can not request iomem region for GARs

From: Pavel Ivanov
Date: Fri Sep 02 2011 - 22:45:28 EST

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 1:37 AM, Huang Ying <ying.huang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 08/27/2011 11:28 AM, Pavel Ivanov wrote:
>> Also I noticed there's another suspicious message in dmesg and it was
>> there earlier too (although it's not shown on console):
>>
>> GHES: Failed to enable APEI firmware first mode
>>
>> Is it bad? What does it mean?
>
> Maybe this has been fixed, please this patch,
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/8/11/297

Yes, this patch indeed fixed this failure message. It's now replaced by

GHES: APEI firmware first mode is enabled by WHEA _OSC.

Can I ask you another question: what does the following message mean?

[Firmware Warn]: GHES: Poll interval is 0 for generic hardware error
source: 1, disabled.

Pavel

P.S. No word from Asus yet on the ERST issue.