Re: [GIT PULL] block bits for 3.1-rc

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Sat Aug 20 2011 - 13:41:43 EST

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 03:16:40PM +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:
> - Revert of the CFQ meta data special treatment patch, it's been shown
> to regress a kernel build workload by about 10%. More investigation
> is needed, for 3.1 lets just back it out.

Sorry, but you can't simply do that without any coordination. We have
added that marker to xfs now that the stupid special casing stopped,
and turning it back on will cause us massive slowdows. Next time
please better coordinate this with its users. In fact I have never
seen this patch or a discussion on any mailinglist.