Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (pmtree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Fri Aug 19 2011 - 09:40:26 EST

Hi,

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:14:11 +0200 "Pihet-XID, Jean" <j-pihet@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, it is not as easy as it seems. As the patch set describes, I am
> build testing for x86 and OMAP. At the moment due to config
> dependencies it is _impossible_ to disable PM in the OMAP config.
>
> Also I cannot build test every platform out there.
> Do you have a procedure for build testing?

I do not expect developers (or even maintainers) to build for every
architecture/platform - that is partly what linux-next is for (see
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next ). It is good to see you at
least thought about the !PM case. Can't it be turned off in x86?

I am a bit sensitive about these sort of build errors as I see it happen
way to often that a developer make a typo in the !CONFIG_XXX stubs.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx