Re: + prctl-add-pr_setget_child_reaper-to-allow-simple-process-supervision.patch added to -mm tree

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Aug 18 2011 - 17:24:06 EST

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Kay Sievers <kay.sievers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How about this? It:
> - uses task->real_parent to walk up the chain of parents.

If I read this right, it does that for all the normal cases too.
Disgusting. Slowing down the *usual* UNIX case for your new made-up
case that nobody actually uses is not acceptable.

So NAK. We're not slowing down normal code for some new feature that
realistically will never be used by any normal applications.

Linus