Re: FireWire/SBP2 Target mode

From: Clemens Ladisch
Date: Thu Aug 18 2011 - 12:19:24 EST

Chris Boot wrote:
> Now that we have a nice SCSI target framework in the kernel, and drivers
> either in-tree or being worked on for iSCSI, FC, FCoE, SAS and iSER, I
> was wondering about the possibility of adding FireWire to that list.

As far as I can tell from briefly looking at the framework, this would
require both a fabric module (which is nicely abstracted) and a new
protocol (which doesn't seem to be).

Is there any documentation of how to add a new LIO protocol?

And what is the difference between a protocol and a fabric?

Regards,
Clemens