3.1-rc2: CONFIG_NUMA Question

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Thu Aug 18 2011 - 06:51:45 EST

Hi,

I have a SuperMicro X8DTH-6F motherboard with 2 cpus it has NUMA options in the BIOS; what parameters/should I be using for the NUMA options in the kernel?

| | [*] Numa Memory Allocation and Scheduler Support | |
| | [ ] Old style AMD Opteron NUMA detection | |
| | [*] ACPI NUMA detection | |
| | [ ] NUMA emulation | |
| | (6) Maximum NUMA Nodes (as a power of 2) | |

Specifically, the maximum number of NUMA nodes? Will this help to increase performance of large memory allocations/is there any downside
to enabling this feature?

Justin.