ERESTARTNOINTR, when compiling/linking shotwell with -pg

From: Oliver
Date: Sun Aug 14 2011 - 19:50:11 EST

Hello,

I added "-pg" switches to shotwell-Makefile and when running my
profiling-shotwell, when quitting it, it hangs temporarily.

"temporarily" can be between about 9 and more than 38 minutes (any other value
might also be possible... but these are some min/max numbers I experienced. In
case of 38 minutes it was "only" 38 minutes, because I killed shotwell after
that time.)

Without the "-pg" switch I did not got that problem.

Strace tells me, that the profiling timer expired.

Here some lines of strace, which I got, when the programs hangs:

[...]
clone(child_stack=0, flags=CLONE_PARENT_SETTID|SIGCHLD,
parent_tidptr=0x7fffdcc6ac8c) = ? ERESTARTNOINTR (To be restarted)
--- {si_signo=SIGPROF, si_code=SI_KERNEL, si_value={int=1, ptr=0x1}}
(Profiling timer expired) ---
rt_sigreturn(0x1b) = 56
clone(child_stack=0, flags=CLONE_PARENT_SETTID|SIGCHLD,
parent_tidptr=0x7fffdcc6ac8c) = ? ERESTARTNOINTR (To be restarted)
--- {si_signo=SIGPROF, si_code=SI_KERNEL, si_value={int=1, ptr=0x1}}
(Profiling timer expired) ---
rt_sigreturn(0x1b) = 56
[...]

Using current standard installation of Arch linux on AMD-64 dual-core (no custom
kernel).

Any idea on fixing this?

As far as I could find out, this seems to be a kernel-problem.
So it's, why I let you know it here.

Ciao,
Oliver