Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.0.1-rt11

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Sun Aug 14 2011 - 00:24:05 EST

On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 09:27 -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:

> Strange. By the time it got around to printing the stall, no one was
> stalling:
>
> [ 100.409012] INFO: rcu_preempt_state detected stalls on CPUs/tasks: {} (detected by 21, t=60002 jiffies)
>
> Now it -is- possible for the stall to end just as we get ready to detect
> it, but that window is really really small. The most recent occurrence
> of this sort of thing was due misconfigured timekeeping, but I don't see
> any sign of that in the trace.
>
> This happens repeatedly?

Yeah. When I put -rt9 on the UV box, it was doing the just idling, and
boom thing I saw with earlier releases on both my Q6600 and x3550 M3
boxes. -rt10 seems to have just changed the timing.

I'll update the x3550 M3, and see if it still gripes. UV isn't virgin
source, has to be twiddled a little. (symptom was identical though)

-Mike