Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (wireless& staging trees related)

From: Kalle Valo
Date: Fri Aug 12 2011 - 15:24:52 EST

On 08/12/2011 08:32 PM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 05:13:22PM +0300, Kalle Valo wrote:

>>> Makes sense to me -- probably also is more sane if there is some fool
>>> out there relying on the ath6kl driver in staging that doesn't know
>>> about the switch to the wireless tree.
>>
>> Ok, I'll send a patch to John which removes the staging driver.
>
> Ok, that is fine with me as well.

Stephen&Greg: sorry, I accidentally sent you a 1.8 MB patch. I didn't
look at the size of the patch at all until I started to wonder why I
don't see it on linux-wireless. Man that driver was huge!

John, please take the patch from master.kernel.org:

/pub/linux/kernel/people/kvalo/ath6kl/staging-remove-ath6kl.patch

It will be available via HTTP once the mirrors have synced up:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/kvalo/ath6kl/staging-remove-ath6kl.patch

Kalle