Re: Linux 3.1-rc1 (nfs/pnfs and drivers/md)

From: Boaz Harrosh
Date: Thu Aug 11 2011 - 14:45:22 EST

On 08/11/2011 03:11 AM, Benny Halevy wrote:
> On 2011-08-11 06:26, tao.peng@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> My Ack, that's indeed closer to what I had queued in my tree originally and
> follows the approach we used for the objects layout driver.
>
> Benny

Yes but this breaks "Sorin"'s conspiracy to sneak into readhat the block
layout driver. Because it would be selected automatically if you set
CONFIG_NFS41.

Because for some perverted reason readhat wants pNFS-Files in, with
latest patches, but not the blocks or objects. I liked it that Blocks
tried to state: "pNFS is with blocks as well". Even Trond agreed that
it is logical this way.

You select CONFIG_NFS41 or not. objects and blocks are a part of that,
mandated by the protocol.

(I don't know that it was "Sorin"'s Idea, I meant the block guys)

I wish we can go back to the auto selection but fix the dependency
stuff. Surly it is possible.

Thanks
Boaz