3.0.0-ck1

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Thu Aug 11 2011 - 08:38:17 EST

These are patches designed to improve system responsiveness and interactivity
with specific emphasis on the desktop, but suitable to any commodity hardware
workload.

I dedicate this release to the most unlikely recipient - the republic of Nauru
after my recent trip there. (See my blog for why I was there)

Apply to 3.0(.x):
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/ck/patches/3.0/3.0.0-
ck1/patch-3.0.0-ck1.bz2

Broken out tarball:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/ck/patches/3.0/3.0.0-ck1/3.0.0-
ck1-broken-out.tar.bz2

Discrete patches:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/ck/patches/3.0/3.0.0-
ck1/patches/

All -ck patches:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/ck/patches/

BFS by itself:
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/bfs/

Web:
http://kernel.kolivas.org

Code blog when I feel like it:
http://ck-hack.blogspot.com/

Each discrete patch contains a brief description of what it does at the top of
the patch itself.

Full patchlist:

3.0-sched-bfs-406.patch
sched-add-above-background-load-function.patch
mm-zero_swappiness.patch
mm-enable_swaptoken_only_when_swap_full.patch
mm-drop_swap_cache_aggressively.patch
mm-kswapd_inherit_prio-1.patch
mm-background_scan.patch
mm-idleprio_prio-1.patch
mm-lru_cache_add_lru_tail-1.patch
mm-decrease_default_dirty_ratio.patch
kconfig-expose_vmsplit_option.patch
hz-default_1000.patch
hz-no_default_250.patch
hz-raise_max.patch
preempt-desktop-tune.patch
cpufreq-bfs_tweaks.patch
ck1-version.patch

Apart from major surgery required to get BFS to play nicely with the 3.0
scheduler changes, the only change from the last -ck release is the
reinstatement of the cpu frequency tweaks designed to optimise BFS'
performance on the slower frequency changing multicore CPUs by allowing them
to speed up easier and harder for them to throttle down.

ãæãããããã
Please enjoy!

--
-ck